Recipe - Pumpkin Pie Dessert Smoothie
This is by far the most beautiful and healthy dessert to serve your guests over the holidays!
You'll feel bad even eating it because it's so beautiful, but then you'll take one bite and that worry will slip out the door. These layered smoothies have always intimidated me, but now that I've made them I see they really aren't that difficult. Just a bit time consuming, but worth the effort and amazingness :) Here's the recipe:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegan vanilla yogurt (coconut or almond yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Handful of gluten-free granola for layering
- Mason Jar for presentation
- Blend the following: banana, pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrupy, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- Add a layer of granola to the bottom of mason jar. Top with a layer of smoothie, then a layer of yogurt, and then another layer of granola. Repeat until the jar is full. Optional to add an extra layer of granola and cinnamon to the top for presentation. Serve immediately!
Here's a close up pic!